Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Considering that it has been years since my last blog post, I wondered how I could make my latest musing profound and interesting. I figured I could expound upon my move to Connecticut: the beauty of Spring in the Northeast, the simple joy of a thaw after a long winter, the hillsides all abud. But I had no idea how to catch up on four lost years. Then again - since I'd not written in four long years chances are my avid follower(s) have since moved to pastures new.

Well anyway, here I am in Connecticut - and I feel as if the state has embraced me. It's the strangest feeling - to connect with a place so quickly and completely. I'm lonely here, too - I left my family, a slew of great friends and a burgeoning acting career in the South to start a new chapter in a place where I knew no one. But Connecticut loves me. I feel it every day when I walk outside, even when the snow is two feet deep. Connecticut loves me - with every bud that blossoms, with the dark, rich soil, with the apple trees in the neighboring farms reaching out their knobby arms and offering me their fruit. Connecticut loves me. It is not my birthplace but it feels like my birthright. I know the possibilities are endless here - I just can't breathe for the excitement of what is coming.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home